Tuesday, 10 November 2009

ASK Italian, Livingston

Something that I rarely do these days is go for a meal alone. Since I met my beloved Mr Lovable we have been pretty much inseparable and always go for meals together, but today I was hungry, tired, freezing and there was no Mr Lovable around.
I was in Livingston shopping centre and chose to go to Ask Italian that is a chain of restaurants scattered across UK, 120 in total. After seeing their sign amongst all the other restaurant signs I immediately had an image of a big, steaming hot bowl of pasta in my head and that was my decision made.

It was fairly quiet when I walked in and I was greeted by really nice, cheeky waiter who looked after me in a way that made me feel like I was something special, without making me feel uncomfortable.
Polpette al forno was in front of me in less than ten minutes: oven-baked rigatoni pasta tubes with beef meatballs, green chilies, roasted peppers and caramelized onions in a pomodoro sauce, served with side salad. It was perfectly spicy and warming for a cold, rainy day like today.

I just wish that there had been more food on my plate! This seems to be a problem with Italian restaurants, I always have to leave slightly hungry. Or maybe it's just me being too greedy...

freshly shaved parmesan

super fast and attentive service

open kitchen

The Centre, Livingston EH54 6GS - 0150 643 0891

No comments:

Post a Comment