Friday, 20 November 2009

El Cantinero, New York


El Cantinero is a Mexican restaurant located in New York's Greenwich village and it was our pick for lunch after walking around Manhattan from early morning hours.
The interior is really fun and inviting, with Christmas lights and Mexican themed pictures hanging on walls and the staff is friendly and attentive.
I think I'm going to give up Mexican food for good, eating out that is. The thing is, that they all taste and look pretty much the same, no matter if it's fajitas, enchiladas, burritos or whatever. There does not seem to be much difference between the dishes.
Combination platter of tostada and burrito that was served with salad, rice and refried beans was lacking flavour and the presentation was pretty poor. Nothing to write home about.
I was really looking forward of having Mexican food in America as I thought that it would be better and tastier than in UK, but I was wrong. Mr Lovable says that the way I cook Mexican food is way better than in any place we've eaten and I humbly agree.
Or maybe it's not meant to be spicy and tasty, maybe it's me who's got it all wrong?

free, strong margaritas

real Mexican feel interior

Christmas lights all year round


86 University place, New York, NY 10003
El Cantinero on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment