Sunday, 22 November 2009

Shelly's Trattoria, New York


Shelly's Trattoria was recommended by our concierge for good steaks and we managed to get a table straight away, even though it was a Saturday night.
Their menu is a bit of a mish mash with seafood and oyster bar, steaks and chops, pasta and pizza.
As we had tickets to a show we were struggling with time and had to rush our food down. This is the type of place you would like to take your time and really enjoy your food...
I ordered double pepperoni imported & domestic, mozzarella, plum tomato and rocket greens pizza while the rest of our table had steaks. My pizza was probably one of the best I've ever had, crispy, super thin base with lots of flavour in the filling and the steaks got lots compliments as well.

It's a shame that we didn't have enough time to have dessert, they looked amazingly good!
clever wine storage system along the walls

big bowl of jellybeans at the door!

olive and pepper focaccia


41 w 57th st, New York, NY 10019
Shelly's New York (Tradizionale) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. You were lucky! On Easter Sunday I got a carcoal burger - that means that it looked and tasted like a piece of charcoal, and when I complained, the manager came after 15 minutes (there were about 10 people in the whole place at the time, so NO crowd) and was quite rude and told me that they COULD make me another one, but I would have to wait at least another 20 minutes because THEIR burgers take a minimum of 20 minutes to cook. Meanwhile, my friends offered me a piece of their pizza - which I didn't feel like eating at the time. Two minutes later they finished eating, so we paid the bill, not cheap, and left. I had never been treated so rudely in my whole life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! I have read similar stories like yours, so I guess we were lucky...

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete