Saturday, 13 February 2010

eteaket, Edinburgh

'We want to make tea sexy again: we're going to start by letting it out the bag so it can do its thing', it says on eteaket's website.
 
Eteaket is a tea boutique/cafe off Edinburgh's busy George street with an impressive selection of teas, scrumptious cakes, sandwiches and light meals. They also sell teas, books, gifts and pretty much everything you can imagine to do with tea.
  
On a chilly Friday afternoon I popped in to have a bloomer sandwich with salami, rocket, mayo and olive tapenade with a bowl of homemade minestrone soup, and a cup of the sweetest, tastiest chai latte that I have ever had anywhere.
This is a place that was clearly a labour of love. For the love of excellent tea, cakes and and sitting down somewhere beautiful, warm and welcoming.
When I was paying my bill I asked why was my tea so nice and the young man serving me looked well chuffed to hear that. I then got an explanation how they prepare their tea and ended up going home with a small jar of bollywood dreams chai. The staff in eteaket could not have been trained any better! They seem to genuinely enjoy working in there, be enthusiastic about serving GOOD tea and want to share their knowledge.
helpful, passionate staff

best chai latte ever

seriously cute decor

41 Frederick st, Edinburgh, EH2 1EP - 0131 226 2982
Eteaket on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment