Thursday, 11 February 2010

Kro Piccadilly, Manchester

Kro bars are scattered all around Manchester, owned by the Ruby family who come from the west coast of Jutland in Denmark. First Kro bar opened in 1999 and looks like it's been a success ever since - they now have 6 restaurants in total and offer outside catering service as well.
  
At lunchtime I was trying to decide where to escape from the snow blizzard and have something small to eat before heading back home to Edinburgh. Kro looked interesting and not too expensive so I stepped in and found the place buzzing with customers.
'Kro caesar salad' with grilled chicken and danish bacon, cos leaves, croutons, boiled egg, parmesan cheese and caesar dressing. Big plate of freshly put together, crunchy salad with lots of "eat me!", juicy chicken was just what I was looking for my lunch that day.
Fast and friendly service, tempting menu and Nordic decor makes me wish that they would one day decide to open one of Kro's in Edinburgh as well.

chairs form Habitat

Scandinavian concept

Bjork playing on the background

One Piccadily Gardens, Manchester, M1 1RG - 0161 244 5765

 
Kro Piccadilly on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment