Tuesday, 20 April 2010

The Cornish Pasty, Keswick

Driving back from the Lake District we stopped in picturesque Keswick to have a wander around, our plan was also to sit down and have lunch somewhere before heading back home.
 Little did we know that we would end up eating our lunch standing up on the street and enjoying it!
Pie menu, so much choice that I felt dizzy...
There they are, cornish pasties! We had two and shared them.
Spicy vegetable...
... and leek, ham and cheese. I have never tasted anything like this. They were both so good that I have no words to explain it. I regret now that we did not buy more to put in the freezer at home.
They even have water for dogs outside! We had dessert as well, of course, but unfortunately I failed miserably to document it as it was just too good. Sorry. If ever near Keswick, go and taste for yourself and you'll understand.
 constant queue outside, never a bad sign

one thing, done to perfection

super tasty food

3 Lake Road, Keswick, CA12 5BS - 017687 72205

2 comments:

  1. I fancy the giant chunk steak one :-) I've made a mental note of the address and I will be trying a few soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete