Friday, 14 May 2010

First Coast, Edinburgh

 First Coast is 'quality neighborhood bistro' in Edinburgh's not so nice area between Haymarket and Gorgie, in Dalry Road. If you brave yourself and don't let the location scare you, I promise that you will experience wonderful cooking, food made with passion using the best, freshest ingredients.
 We have been here loads of times and always find ourselves coming back.
 I had braised oxtail with potato gnocchi for starter, it was so good and full of flavour that it made me emotional.
Pearl barley and Mascarpone risotto with honey glazed butternut squash for main course. I don't think I have ever eaten my food as slowly as I ate this risotto... it was so delicious, creamy and tasty that I did not want it to end, ever.
 For dessert we shared a rhubarb roly poly with custard. There was even a wee jug of extra custard and this of course made me super-happy: one of life's little pleasures is getting extra sauce with your food.
This is one of my favourite places to eat in Edinburgh, anything I've ever tasted has been mouthwatering and it's always been an enjoyable experience. I can't recommend this place highly enough, please go and sample yourself...
 never disappointing

chilled atmosphere

menu that changes frequently


97-101 Dalry Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2AB - 0131 313 4404
First Coast on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment