Thursday, 20 May 2010

Pink Olive, Edinburgh

Pink Olive is a Scottish bistro with a simple, no fuss, shortish menu and stripped and plain decor, 'atmosphere that appeals to all' in Edinburgh's Newington neighborhood. From the outside it looks just too cute and inviting and I remember walking by so many times and wondering what their food is like.
Since that we have been here for a dinner, last summer, and both liked it quite a lot. Ever since I have wanted go come here for lunch and this week I popped in by myself at lunchtime on a day when temperatures hit record highs for May in Scotland.
I ordered leek & smoked Arran cheddar tart with puy lentil vinaigrette that was obviously packed with calories but was well worth it. Portion size could have been a tad bigger in my opinion, but this was after all lunch, and I do remember their dinner portions being a lot bigger.
Mississippi mud pie with chocolate fudge sauce was what I first had my eyes on in the dessert menu but the hot and humid weather made me to go for orange & lemon jelly which was truly refreshing and paired nicely with ginger syrup.
I have been here for lunch and dinner, next excuse for a visit is to sample their Sunday brunch...
relaxed ambience

mostly female clientele, which I find oddly amusing

friendly staff


55-57 West Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DB - 0131 662 4493
Pink Olive on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment