Monday, 7 June 2010

Olive Press, Preston

 Olive Press was my choice for lunch when I quickly visited Preston. I had done my research the night before as I was limited with time and wanted to make sure that I would get something half decent to eat before driving back home.
There is a handful these restaurants in North West England, all part of Heathcotes Collection. Their menu is traditional Italian with a modern twist, lots of exciting options to try alongside all old favourites like handmade pastas and stone baked pizzas.
I wanted something light, so when I saw 'Healthy lifestyle dishes - all dishes under 400 calories' on the menu I was more than happy. 'Pizza with a salad centre', plum tomatoes, fresh basil, dried chilies&rocket salad centre was so tasty I didn't even realize that I was eating a pizza without cheese on top...something that one would not expect to happen!
I was pleasantly surprised with this place, though I'm not quite sure what I was expecting. Not for a moment did I feel uncomfortable eating alone and that to me always says something about the place. Their attentive staff all had smile on their faces and on my way out I got into chatting with two lovely men that I assume were the owners/bosses, when they kindly asked my opinion about wallpaper options for the bar upstairs.
extremely helpful&friendly staff

perfect for quick, nice lunch

open kitchen, always interesting

23 Winckley Square, Preston, PR1 3JJ - 01772 886363
Olive Press Preston on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Oetker Ristorante has teamed up with wine guru Jilly Goolden to find the perfect wine matches for their delicious pizza range!

    The wine guide is available for download on the new www.pizzaforpassione.com microsite along with a new blog exploring the brands passion for pizza, ingredients and Italy.

    If you need anymore information or images, just contact ristorante@brazenpr.com.

    ReplyDelete