Tuesday, 13 July 2010

First Coast, Edinburgh

I have lost count of how many times we have been to First Coast
for dinner. Last Friday night, our original plan was to drive to Peebles and find somewhere to sit down for a dinner, but instead ended up walking over to scary Gorgie to our favourite bistro.
Their menu had luckily changed since our last visit, otherwise my only choice would have been to order the best risotto I've ever eaten again! We both had homemade black pudding with caramelized apple and sticky gravy for starter and it was different than any black pudding that I have ever tasted, very nice and perfect partner for the apple.
For my main I had Middle eastern platter, tabbouleh, chickpea and pumpkin stew, pistachio and sumac labneh, muhammara and flatbread. I did not have a clue what half of the things were on this dish, but ordered it anyway and it was a superb combination of different flavours.
 
For dessert we couldn't resist sharing an Eton mess with hazelnut and chocolate. I never thought of using anything else than berries or fruit for this pudding but changed my mind after eating this lovely dessert.
their waiting staff is so relaxed and friendly, nothing is ever too much trouble for them

funky menu that changes often

always busy, always enjoyable

  97-101 Dalry Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2AB - 0131 313 4404

No comments:

Post a Comment