Saturday, 21 August 2010

The Restaurant at The Rutland, Edinburgh

 Our last dinner at The Rutland in June left us slightly disappointed and we both agreed not to go back in a hurry. Fortunately I was convinced and encouraged by a number of people to dine there again, them saying that it must have been just a one-off bad night.
 So we did. It was a quiet Tuesday night when we walked in and I was well hopeful.
The menu was same than the last time. I chose 'Breast of corn fed Goosnargh chicken, potato gnocchi, wild mushrooms, tarragon and red wine sauce' and a side order of 'potato wedges with sweet chili and sour cream'. The chicken dish was an absolutely beautiful plate of harmonic flavours. I was seriously considering of asking for a spoon or straw to get every last drop of the dark, rich sauce...
For dessert I had 'Caramel and dark chocolate tart with apricot syrup and creme fraiche'. When we were tucking into our puddings our waiter said to me "By the look on your face I assume that everything is OK." Ha-ha. It was more than OK, it was heavenly.
So what a difference to our last experience. I am a fan of The Rutland now. I was so glad after this meal that I couldn't stop smiling and I kept saying to Mr Lovable "I'm so happy, I'm so happy". I'm looking forward to dining from their new menu which I believe will be starting in September. Until then...
they have eteaket teas!

again, crazy disco-style decor

exceptionally good, knowledgeable and smooth service

1-3 Rutland Street, Edinburgh, EH1 2AE - 0131 229 3402
The Rutland Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment