Thursday, 14 October 2010

Angels with Bagpipes, Edinburgh

On a sunny autumn day I was wandering around Edinburgh's Old Town, doing some shopping and enjoying the quietness that always follows the hectic August and Fringe Festival.
I then took myself for a lunch to Angels with Bagpipes, new addition to Royal Mile's restaurants. Owned by Marina Crolla from the Valvona&Crolla family it offers a modern Scottish menu with an Italian twist.
For my main I ordered 'AWB Fish and Chips with pea puree and saffron aioli', steaming hot fish in a light, crispy batter presented in a quite funky way.
My dessert 'AWB Chocolate mousse, puff candy and Irn Bru sorbet' was a beautiful combination of flavours: rich chocolate alongside refreshing, cold sorbet... and puff candy in the middle. Who could resist that?
 I was seated at the front, next to the bar and later on had a peek of the rest of the place and the same gorgeous, elegant theme continues throughout the restaurant.
 Now I'm looking forward to bring Mr Lovable here and treat ourselves to a dinner!
 quite posh, in a not scary way

prompt, charming waiters

I used to work with two of their chefs!

343 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1PW - 01312 201111
 
Angels with bagpipes on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mai

    I've just found your blog. It's great. I'll be checking in regularly now for places to try.

    I blog too and also went to Angels with Bagpipes and really loved it! Scallops were amazing. I'm sure you and Mr Loveable will enjoy when you return for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Thank you so much :)
    I bookmarked your blog too!

    ReplyDelete