Sunday, 19 December 2010

Kampa Park, Prague

A place to go celebrity spotting when in Prague is Kampa Park we were told. 'A favorite of local and international celebrities, this upscale restaurant delivers sumptuous gourmet cuisine' it says on their website.
 The restaurant is by the river and has a great view to the Charles Bridge. I can imagine how busy their outside tables would get on a warm summer day...
 'Beetroot salad with goat cheese profiteroles and beetroot vinaigrette' was my starter. A big portion of big flavours, beautifully presented.
 My main was 'Steamed salmon roll with cauliflower flan, green asparagus and sauce vierge' and everything on that plate was just perfect. Perfectly cooked and so, so tasty. I can still remember how it all tasted and that can't be a bad thing.
The dessert, 'Strawberry ravioli with strawberries, caramel and ivory chocolate mousse' was confusing me slightly as I still don't know where the ravioli was. What looked like ravioli was in fact the chocolate mousse, next to it was strawberries and caramel... but what the heck, it was so good that I wanted to lick my plate, so does it really matter?
I really liked this restaurants decor with light bulbs and feathers hanging from wires, walls painted in warm, earthy red and funky, modern tableware. The thing that left me wondering was that why is their menu not seasonal? Hmm...
  beautiful food presentation

waiting staff dressed in white

unique location

Na Kampe 8B, Prague 11800 - 296 826 102
 

No comments:

Post a Comment