Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Wok to Walk, London

Hunger is a terrible, terrible thing. When it strikes, I can get quite narky, as can Mr Lovable. We never argue, but when we get hungry, things might get a bit nasty between us. This happened after a long day in London, when we were wandering around Soho in the freezing cold weather, hoping to find somewhere nice and quick to eat.
Funnily enough I was hoping for steaming hot noodles when I saw the logo for Wok to Walk. We went there when in Barcelona and ever since that I have been hoping that they would open in UK. And now they have: in London, Cardiff and Glasgow!
The way they work is this: first choose your base from a selection of noodles or rice, then your favourites (meat, vegetables and so on) and then your sauce... and it's all cooked in front of you. Before you realise you will have a box full of tasty wok in your hands. My portion had Udon noodles, chicken breast, pineapple, baby corn, roasted peanuts and garlic&black pepper sauce, it was so good!
  Now I can go to their Glasgow branch and keep my fingers crossed that they would one day open in Edinburgh as well.
 brilliant concept

always fresh

very affordable and very tasty 

4 Brewer st, Soho, London, W1F 0SB - 020 7287 8464  
Wok to walk on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. The Red Box noodlebar on West Nicholson Street has a similar concept, and much more local, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Thank you so much for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... I know exactly where the Wok to Walk that you went to at Barcelona! When I was there, there was a Chinese chap tossing noodles. Well, while I can't say that I really enjoyed that meal, it sure has got an interesting name.

    ReplyDelete