Sunday, 20 February 2011

Hotel du Vin Bistro, Edinburgh

Valentine's day was here again and we wanted to go somewhere half decent for a dinner. 
Last summer we stayed at Hotel du Vin in Harrogate and thought it was rather nice. Ever since then we had it in our minds to try the Edinburgh one for a meal. 
We skipped starters and just ordered a basket of bread instead, which was a beautiful selection of freshly baked breads.
 We both had the 'Hdv beef burger with bacon and cheese, served with pommes frites and homemade tomato ketchup' for mains. Does it look good in the photo? Yes, it was good, very good. Unfortunately and extremely unlikely to me I had not much appetite that night, so I had to leave most of it... such a shame, but more of a reason to dine here again!
 Appetite or not, I always manage to find room for a dessert, so creamy and sophisticated  'Lemon panna cotta' it was and 'Irn Bru Turkish delight' to go with it... something different.
 romantic atmosphere

feels like you were in France

'I think. Therefore I du Vin.' 

11 Bristo Place, Edinburgh EH1 1EZ - 0131 247 4900

Hotel Du Vin on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment