Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Piecebox, Edinburgh

I have found a new favourite: Piecebox in Polwarth. A cafe that just appeared from nowhere, one day we just realized that it was there, a new tempting looking place to munch and lunch! Hooray!
I sometimes dream of opening my own cafe/bakery/deli type of a place. If I did, it would be something like Piecebox, for sure. Home baking beautifully displayed, delicious food made from scratch, open kitchen and friendly staff who seem to make everybody feel welcome from the minute you walk in. And no need to mention well thought and hip corporate identity and decor.
So we popped in for lunch on a sunny day during the week. I had a chicken pesto salad with avocado and mozzarella, Fentimans 'mandarin and Seville orange' and a cappuccino. Perfect and not too filling as I had my eyes on something sweet to have after....
 ...this for dessert, the thing that melted my heart: Banoffee pie, served in a jar. How cute is that! And what's that in a jug? Extra sauce... oh my goodness it was GOOD. Mr Lovable had a massive scone with homemade kiwi jam.
 They have got everything spot on: tempting menu, must have homemade cakes&pastries, amazing staff, quick&friendly service, their food is good, coffee is good... yeah, everything is good.
 open, clean kitchen

all day breakfast at weekends

homemade jams

2 Polwarth Crescent, Edinburgh, EH11 1HW - 0131 629 6284

Piecebox on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment